Rohan undertakes work in all areas of the Chambers’ litigation practice, with particular focus on employment matters. He appears before all jurisdictions in Mauritius, as well as disciplinary proceedings. He routinely advises both employers and employees on issues that range from day-to-day queries to termination, internal restructuring, drafting of contracts and internal policies, etc.
Barrister, England & Wales (2018)
Barrister, Mauritius (2020)
BPP University Law School – LLB (Hons.)
- Junior Counsel for a petroleum corporation in proceedings before the Redundancy Board in the context of a global restructuring of its operations and a claim for severance allowance in the amount of c. MUR 23 million for alleged unjustified termination.
- Junior Counsel for the Head of Investment Strategy of a listed company in Mauritius in a claim before the Industrial Court for severance allowance for constructive dismissal.
- Advise a Germany-based financial services company on the data protection legislation and framework that apply to its back office operations in Mauritius, including the extent to which GDPR is implemented in the Mauritius legislation.
- Assist an employer in an internal investigation into an employee’s complaint of harassment at work and disciplinary proceedings against the alleged offenders.
- Assist a director of a financial services company in lodging written representations before the Enforcement Committee of the FSC in relation to a contemplated disqualification as a fit and proper person. Also assisting in the challenge of the Committee’s findings before the Financial Services Review Panel.
- Advise a company supplying construction and industrial equipment in Mauritius on the recovery of partially paid equipment and machinery from debtors.
- Assist an international school in Mauritius in restructuring their internal policies and employment contracts in light of the changes brought by the Workers’ Rights Act.
- Advise employees of a local fund management company on constructive dismissal involving severance allowance and damages in the amount of c. MUR 30 million.
- Assist the team in the due diligence process in advising an international fund management company on the acquisition of a local bank.